In this article:
For more FAQS related to Active please visit page HERE
Spartan Trail (non-OCR) Transfer Process to another event:
Below are instructions for participants to transfer an existing registration to a different event after logging into https://myevents.active.com.
Please note, you can only transfer to other Trail races.
You cannot transfer your entry to any Spartan OCR event.
- Note: You will need to Claim Registration in My Events first so that you can manage it from "My Events".
- Note: If you are in a team, you must contact us to remove you from it before you can change to another event.
1. Locate your registration
2. Click Change event
3. Choose a new event
4. Choose a new category
5. Click Continue
6. Fill out registration form
7. Click Continue
8. View Order details and complete
Read more HERE about transfer rules and costs.
How do I transfer my Trail Race (non-OCR) to a different person?
Below are instructions for participants to transfer an existing registration to someone else after logging into ACTIVE.com and accessing My Events.
Note: Please Claim Registration in My Events first if you cannot see it in My Events.
1. Click Transfer registration
2. Enter the recipient's email address at Email address
3. Enter the recipient's email address again to confirm at Confirm email address
4. Click Submit
A confirmation message appears verifying that the transfer process was initiated. The accepting participant will receive an email inviting them to claim the registration (read more).
- Note: Registrations for someone below 18 can only be viewed and transferred by the guardian who registered them; registrations made by someone else on your behalf (if you are an adult) can be transferred by that person or by yourself after you Claim Registration in MyEvents; registrations for those who are part of a group-registration team cannot be transferred.
- Note: Transfers may only be completed into the same category - if the original registration was for a 5K, the new registration must also be for the 5K.
- Note: If a participant transfers categories BEFORE attempting to transfer the registration to someone else, the process cannot be completed.
- Note: The newest price is applied at checkout when the recipient accepts the transfer. If the event has a tiered price schedule, the current price could be higher than that for the original participant.
- Note: The original registration fee is not refunded until the new participant accepts and completes the transfer process - ACTIVE.com processing fees are not refunded.
- Note: Once the recipient has accepted and completed the transfer, the original registrant will be cancelled and refunded. Refunds are processed within 5-7 business days. If a transfer fee is applied, it will be deducted automatically from the refund. For example, if the original registrant paid $25 and the transfer fee is $5, he/she will be refunded $20.
- Note: The system cannot refund automatically if the original registration was not paid directly (e.g., pre-paid registration, paid with coupon code). Please contact us in such cases.
Read more HERE about transfer rules and costs.
Claim Registration if you cannot see it in My Events.
Below are instructions to claim a registration within MyEvents after logging into ACTIVE.com with an existing Passport account.
- Note: One can only claim their own registration. DO NOT claim others' registrations to your own account, even your family's.
- Note: Usually claiming registration is not required and only the registration confirmation is needed for event check in. However claiming registration enables you to view and manage your registration in your account.
1. Navigate to https://myevents.active.com
2. Click CLAIM REGISTRATION bar at the top
3. Enter Registration number (ID)
- Note: Registration numbers begin with the letter R, such as R-0OTJJL7Q. You can find your Registration ID in your registration confirmation or the claim registration reminder email you received.
- Note: Please copy and paste registration number to avoid mistakes such as confusing the number "0" with the letter "O".
4. Click Submit on the right
5. Confirm registration information on pop-up form
- Note: If the required information is blank, please fill it.
6. Click Save
7. A reminder in green will show up if claim is successful and you will see the registration after refreshing the page.
Note: If you get an error message in red instead, please refer to below.
Error message: "To avoid overwriting the participant record, do not claim another person's registration."
- Solution: please log out current account, re-log in to make sure that you are logging in your own account. Go View Profile to make sure the primary info fields of your account (first name, last name and date of birth) match exactly those on your registration form. If not, Update My Account and try again.
Error message: "Your registration number was not found. Please contact the event director."
- Solution: there may be a typo in the registration number you put (for example, letter "o" where it should have been number '0'). Please double check and copy & past to try again.
Error message: "This registration has already been claimed."
- Solution: this means the registration has already been linked to an account. If you don't see it in MyEvents, it's possible to be under another Active account you have, or a wrong account with a typo.