- Introduction: What Spartan is doing
- Cleaning and Sanitization
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Social Distancing
- Event Adjustments
- At Risk Persons
Introduction: What Spartan is Doing
In Spartan we are working hard to offer our Spartans concepts that make sure we are hosting safe races.
Over the previous months, a dedicated Spartan team has worked judiciously to create a robust relaunch plan for events worldwide. This plan has been designed to keep all racers, volunteers, and staff safe, meet strict government requirements and bring Spartan events back respecting their true essence: allowing as many people as safely possible to race on course, overcome obstacles and enjoy the time that Spartan races create.
Spartan races, by nature, offer the possibility to have safe courses and our aim is to offer you the best experience to live, implementing all necessary measures that are required and observing all rules and guidelines ordered by governments.
We are aware that the main questions that may arise are about gathering, cleaning and sanitization. And we want to reassure you that we are working on blueprint for each destination that meet various guidelines and legislative requirements.
These blueprints determine the types of event modifications and transmission mitigation protocols, and are deployed based on government and expert guidance, local rules and regulations, existing industry best practices, and customer feedback.
Among the others, a Spartan will be organized considering extended schedules, changes in procedures, limited time on site, and respecting the standards of social distancing and hygiene rules. You can see all the general guidelines following in this document, considering that it will be subject to variations depending on the event itself and local requirements.
Further, close to each event, we will openly communicate the rules and regulations that every single person coming to a Spartan is asked to respect, starting from the Staff, volunteers and suppliers coming to each of you racers.
The above-mentioned concept, which is also summed up in this document, will be subject to updates considering the changes of the overall situation and what our responsibility requires to keep everyone involved in a Spartan race safe.
We want to reassure you that our aim is to follow the government guidelines and above all to keep the safety of our racers, volunteers, suppliers and staff as the highest priority all the time. We want to race safe as much as you want it.
Aroo Spartans, see you at the next event.
Cleaning and Sanitization
- Reduced customer touch points to minimize physical interaction between racers, and racers and event staff.
- Additional cleaning and sanitization of customer touch-points throughout the festival area, including check-in areas, toilets, medal and shirt collection, results, payment collection points and at aid stations.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use throughout events, including around high traffic areas, certain obstacles, and festival area. These will be refreshed by staff throughout the day.
- Aid station concept will be reviewed to allow the respect of the hygene and cleaning regulations. More information will be available close to the event.
- Increased safety and hygiene procedures for staff and volunteers including regular hand sanitization.
Personal Protective Equipment
- All event staff and volunteers will wear face coverings at all times if recommended by the health organizations by the time of the event
- In addition to social distancing measures, racers are requested to wear a face covering in the festival area/common areas and on certain obstacles if recommended by the health organizations by the time of the event
- Transparent plastic shields will be installed at key interaction points, such as racer check-in, to create separation between both racers and staff.
- To manage the volume of racers onsite, each racer will be given a specific arrival and departure time for entry and exit from the event to ensure total participant numbers at any one time are kept under strict control.
- Customer throughput will be monitored to ensure the number of people within the event space is kept to acceptable levels at all times.
- Heat sizes will be reduced, and courses themselves will be widened from previous standards to ensure safe spacing while running/walking and at obstacles.
- Dedicated lanes, along with designated waiting spots, will be provided at areas where racers tend to congregate, such as at check-in and at obstacles. Where lines are formed, distancing markers will be used to ensure safe distancing.
- There is no on-site registration. It is open for pre-registration only.
- The temporary removal of all water-based obstacles including Dunk Wall and the temporary removal/modifications of defined obstacles to facilitate greater spaces and sanifications
- Cold wash and changing tents will be unavailable..
- “No spectators” will be permitted, unless a participating minor is being accompanied by a parent or guardian. If spectators are allowed at a specific event, this will be communicated prior to the race.
- Spartan shall facilitate compliance with social distancing requirements throughout the entire onsite customer journey.
- Food and beverages offerings will comply with current regulations. There will be distancing guides placed for people waiting in line.
At Risk Persons
Anyone who falls under or lives with someone in these categories is encouraged not to participate in Spartan events at this time:
- People over 65 years of age;
- People who have chronic lung disease, moderate to severe asthma, or severe heart disease;
- People who are immunocompromised: those who have undergone or are undergoing cancer treatment, bone marrow or organ transplantation; anyone with immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, or had prolonged use of corticosteroids; and smokers;
- People of any age with class III or severe obesity;
- Anyone diagnosed with the following underlying conditions: diabetes, liver disease, and persons with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis.
- If you are travelling from abroad, check the rules and regulations to enter the Country and re-enter your country of residence after the event (e.g. Quarantine period, permits to travels….)
The information in this document is subject to change at Spartan’s discretion and based on rules and regulations that will strictly depend on the event itself and local requirements.