So you decided to run with the best of the best, and join the Elite Heat or just run competitively to push yourself in the Age Group division.
We're excited to see you stepping up your Spartan game, however there are some things you need to know:
- You MUST arrive on time for your heat. If you show up late you will be disqualified from the heat.
- You will be provided a RED Spartan Headband (with your bib number on it) to differentiate you from the Open heat racers. Wear your headband, with the numbers facing forward at all times, to allow us to more easily tag your photos after the event!
- You also agree to get no outside help on obstacles, providing aid such as food or drink, or medical help outside of getting medical advice. If you do you will DQ'ed from the event however you will be allowed to finish the event (if you are medically cleared) and get your medal and shirt.
- You will be filmed at multiple obstacles for review for proper burpee completion.
- You have until the end of the race day to review the film.
- If you do not complete 30 proper burpees (as described at the start of the heat) you will be penalized 30 seconds per missed/incorrect burpee, up to 10, for a total of a 5 minute penalty. (For Stadion events, the burpee requirement is 15)
- If you have more than 10 missed/incorrect burpees you will be disqualified.
- All timing concerns for the podium must be disputed no more than 15 minutes prior to the award ceremony.
- It is up to you to count the burpees, it is not the job of the course monitors.
Please Note: If you are disqualified, for any reason, you will not get a finish time and will not be able to be moved to the open heat. No refunds or credits to a future event will be given. Disqualified races will not count toward your trifecta, or point series ranking.
Medals will be necessarily delivered on the same day of the race.
All Elites/AG who qualified on top 3 and gain the podium, will receive the medals only during the Award Ceremony.
ABOUT AGE GROUP CATEGORY:
The Age Group categories can be seen here- same categories for both men and women. PLEASE NOTE: all races in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, Andorra and Greece have a minimum age of 16 years for the Sprint and 18 years for Super, Beast and Ultra. Therefore the age group category 14-17 is only used in Sprint races where there is a Age Group Race offered and it’s limited to 16-17.
- Women 14-17 / Men 14-17
- Women 18-24 / Men 18-24
- Women 25-29 / Men 25-29
- Women 30-34 / Men 30-34
- Women 35-39 / Men 35-39
- Women 40-44 / Men 40-44
- Women 45-49 / Men 45-49
- Women 50-54 / Men 50-54
- Women 55-59 / Men 55-59
- Women 60+ / Men 60+
Your Age Group is calculated for the entire season based on your Age on the 31st of December.
Your date of birth is December, 20, 1984.
You’re racing on April 13th, 2019. Your age on race day is 34. But your age on 31st of December, 2019 will be 35. So you will be racing (the entire season) in the AG 35-39.
Note: your age on race day still determines if you’re allowed to race or not (you have to be 16 for a Sprint, and 18 for Super, Beast or Ultra).